Why You Should Have Your Drains Cleaned
Clogged drains in your Western New York home can happen in a number of different places and be caused by a multitude of reasons.
Your plumbing is one of the most important parts of your home and to keep your Western New York water flowing, you should have your drains cleaned at least every two years (or more frequently). Drain cleaning helps you to prevent a clog or stop larger plumbing issues from occurring. We are going to review why you should have your drains cleaned.
Where do clogged drains occur?
Clogged drains in your Western New York home can happen in a number of different places and be caused by a multitude of reasons. In your bathroom, clogs can occur in the shower, sink, and toilet. Your kitchen sink can get a clog. You may even get a clog deep within your plumbing in the sewer and septic lines.
To put it simply, clogs can occur anywhere you have plumbing in your home. Plumbing ages overtime and acquires buildup. A clogged drain can be caused by food, hair, soap scum, mineral buildup, children’s toys, amongst other things.
Why you should have your drains cleaned
We recommend having your drains cleaned before you have a clogged drain or signs that one is on the way, as regular maintenance can help you avoid larger and more costly repairs.
A clogged drain is inconvenient and can be messy for you and your family, so you should do what you can to prevent the backed up or lack of water, before it occurs. There are usually clues that provide you with evidence that a clogged drain is on the way and you should have your drains cleaned. Let’s review the signs:
– Slow Draining: If your drain takes longer than normal for water to drain, this typically signals that there is a clog brewing in your plumbing line. If this is happening to multiple drains in your Western New York home at the same time, this could be an indication that you have larger sewer issues.
– Gurgling Noises: Your drains should not be making sounds, and if they are, that is not a good thing. The gurgling is usually a result of a clog that is causing oxygen to bubble back up to the surface. A gurgling drain typically indicates a partial clog, but when homeowners are not attentive and don’t resolve the issue as soon as possible, full-blown blockages can develop.
– Reoccurring Clogged Drains: If you find yourself continuously trying to resolve a clogged drain, you likely have a major clog throughout your plumbing and are only temporarily resolving the issue. Using home drain cleaner can cause damage to your plumbing, so there are benefits of having a professional fix a clogged drain in your home.
– Bad Smell: It is not pleasant when you have a bad odor coming from your drains. If your drains are putting out a smell, that is a key indicator that you should have your drains cleaned. An appalling smell in your plumbing is a result of built up residue or food or grease that is trapped in the pipes.
– Flooding or Busted Pipes: The worst thing that can happen, if you don’t have your drains cleaned regularly, is that you can find a flood or busted plumbing throughout your home. No one wants a clog to get this far and cause damage to their plumbing and Western New York home, so you would try to prevent the problem before there even is one.
The toughest of clogs require more than a plunger, they need a professional plumber. That’s why the Duffett plumbing team is here for your home with drain cleaning and clog clearing services. We’re available 24/7.
Our plumbing professionals have the tools and expertise needed to clear any toilet, sink, shower, or other drain clog in your home.
If you need drain cleaning services in Hamburg, NY, contact us today.